Winter means hats and hats can mean lice. Licenders owner Adie Horowitz offer these tips.
• Know the “lice” time of year
-Winter: Travel time, clothing layers, hats, gloves, scarves, etc.
-Summer: Camp, play dates, travel, hats, road trips
• Prevention products: peppermint is a deterrent scent to the bug, many shampoos/conditioners contain this ingredient
• Once per week throw backpacks, hats and jackets in the dryer for 20 minutes
• Educate children on the importance of not sharing hats, hair-bows, jackets and gloves
• Check your children frequently for head lice, it’s much easier to get rid of if you discover it at an early stage